8/17/2014

Puttin' On The Ritz

This month we celebrate the 60th wedding anniversary of my husband's parents.
What a wonderful example they have shown us.
I was in charge of creating a special surprise invitation for them as part of a group family gift.  
I can share this now that they know.


The theme is Art Deco / Puttin' On The Ritz.  I made it a vintage style 5 x 7 card with glitz and glam.  The image looks similar to the two of them in their younger days.  I followed "loosely" the sketch for the Unity {be inspired} Challenge 19 and flipped the striped section.

The image was stamped and heat embossed in gold and the invitation wording was printed and die-cut.  I included lace with feather and glitter paper.  The envelope was lined to complement the card.  
I'm so happy everyone loved it, especially Mom and Dad.

Supplies:  Unity Stamp Co. You Sweep Me Off My Feet stamp, embossing powder, My Creative Time tag and stitched round tab dies.

Have a fabulous day.

1 comment:

  1. Sweet card Gaylynn! Thanks for joining us at the Unity {be inspired} challenge.

    -Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete

Your note should be visible soon. Comments are reviewed prior to being published. Thanks for your patience and for stopping by. Gaylynn